Friday, January 18, 2013

Tarsus acquires Indonesian exhibition organiser

News this week: International B2B media company, Tarsus Group, announced the acquisition of 51% of Indonesia exhibition organiser PT Infrastructure Asia (PTIA) from PT Event Pro International for a total consideration of US$2.9 million. Specialist acquisition brokers, Mayfield Media Strategies, acted as the broker in this deal.

Tarsus will pay an initial cash consideration on completion of US$500,000 for the 51% share, with estimated total deferred payments of US$2.4 million in aggregate during 2014 and 2015. The two companies have conditional put and call options of the remaining 49% share in PTIA. The total consideration for 100% of PITA is capped at US$23 million.

Douglas Emslie, Tarsus Group Managing Director, said: “PTIA is an excellent fit with our strategic objective of quickening the pace of our earnings by investing in fast growth markets… The Indonesian market is undergoing a period of rapid change, with a marked shift away from its historical emphasis on consumer events towards B2B exhibitions. As a result we would expect PTIA to experience strong organic growth supplemented by bolt-on acquisitions.”

The acquisition is expected to complete in the first quarter of 2013.

This post is excerpted from BSG's weekly e-newsletter which is part of our subscription research service, BSG Tracker. Visit our website to find out more about this service. You can also follow us on Twitter for all the latest updates.

No comments: