Tuesday, October 16, 2007

News from China

I was going to try to blog from the ad:tech conference in Beijing. Running around all day today, I only managed to make it to the session in which I was speaking, so I would direct you to Thomas Crampton who is blogging feverishly and fully on the proceedings here. Great job!

Meanwhile, my friends at VNU Exhibitions Asia have announced the return of Michiel Kruse as Director International Business Development. He was with the company in Shanghai from 2000 - 2005 before branching out to launch his own golf show. CEO David Zhong says "In his new role Kruse will focus on the relations with international customers, partners, agents and media and on further expansion of international activities" and proclaims himself "thrilled" that Kruse has returned.

The Chairman of VNU Exhibitions Asia, Jimé Essink will be heading off to take up the reins at CMP Asia on 1st November.

Thanks, by the way, to the ad:tech organisers. I won an iPod in their lucky draw at the reception this evening. In the words of the late, great Frankie Howard, my flabber has never been so gasted.

Update: B2B panel chairman, Eddie Choi, has also blogged on the conference today. There's even a photo of our session. Thanks guys, you're all making this very easy for me: 3 sentences and a link. That's lazy man's blogging.

And more: Marketing in the age of Multitasking.

No comments: