- Salaries tax down 1% to 15% and a rebate of 75% of tax paid last year (up to a US$3,000 limit);
- Profits tax down 1% to 16.5%;
- Rebates on properties taxes;
- The complete elimination of duties on wines and beer (no coincidence that the Hong Kong Trade Development Council has just launched its first Wine Expo here).
- ...and, as the vaudeville promoters would have said, much much more!
The Hong Kong government has also recognised that lack of hotel rooms is an important restraint on this industry and has earmarked 10 sites for new hotel development as well as waiving the Hotel Accommodation Tax.