Monday, May 22, 2006

Mobiles

Hugo Martin posts today on an FT article quoting Google's Eric Schmidt on mobile phones:

Mobile is going to be the next big internet phenomenon. It holds the key to greater access to everyone - with all the benefits that entails [...]

This comes out the same day that I marked for future reference the following in the People's Daily Online:

The number of mobile phone subscribers in China hit a record 416 million at the end of April, the Ministry of Information Industry (MII) said on Sunday.

You don't have to be a genius to see where my thoughts are leading. Interestingly, nobody has yet showed me a compelling B2B application on a mobile. Any suggestions?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

e-transaction

Application such as e-approval for executives and managers. I have also received calls from my subordinates to confirm some jobs or quotations. In fact I would perfer such orders to be approved online intead of verbal.