Friday, May 12, 2006

Another e-mag in Asia

Most of the announcement e-mails I receive go straight to junk. I'm glad, however, that I looked at the one which pointed me to the e-edition of Singapore's PRO jewellery magazine. Maybe I've been asleep at the wheel, but I don't think I've seen this RealRead system in action before and it is one of the smoother implementations of the page turning mag facsimile approach.

The topic of digital strategies got a lot of airtime at last week's FIPP B2B conference in London and I expect the subject to feature large in publishers' strategies in this part of the world. The regulatory and distribution challenges of traditional publishing make it a real challenge in Asia and, although there are many different takes on the best approach, publishers increasingly seem to be finding a receptive audience for electronic publishing.

No comments: